Generic Terms Vocabulary
● API: Application Programming Interface
● IoS: Internet of Services
● SNS: Social Networking Sites
● SOA: Service-oriented architecture
● UCC: User Created Content
● SG: Social Graph
● GUI: Graphical User Interface
● AAA: Authorization, Authentication and Accounting
● SocIoS API: An aggregation of methods provided by underlying SNS APIs. SocIoS API will map a standard interface to collections of methods and objects of the SNS APIs. This will allow the developer to initiate multiple instances of the same functionality to various SNSs by a single method call.
● SocIoS Middleware: The functionality that SocIoS will provide at the level of the SocIoS API will be leveraged to a web service level so as to make it more usable in the frame of the IoS. Thus, each class in the SocIoS API will be exposed as a web service and SocIoS will provide tools for managing these services. The SocIoS middleware is the service hosting, provisioning and management environment that SocIoS will develop.
● SocIoS Services: SocIoS, through standard web service technologies (e.g. WSDL) will deliver the SocIoS API functionality as a service. These core services can be used as they are or by combination. They are hosted and provided strictly on the SocIoS middleware.
● SocIoS Application: A combined set of SocIoS services to create business-oriented applications that utilize UCC and SG information from SNS. SocIoS applications may even combine services external to SocIoS middleware.
● SocIoS Auxiliary Services: It is expected that there are some auxiliary services that can be built by combining SocIoS Services that will be useful for supporting the larger workflows of the SocIoS applications. These services are not part of the core set of functionality described under SocIoS API. They are expected to be more complex and to combine the core set (SocIoS Services) in order to be implemented, still, they will be hosted in the SOA middleware. They are called SocIoS Auxiliary Services and they will come bundled with the whole SocIoS platform when it is to be installed. Such auxiliary services are the reputation and recommendation services
● SocIoS Platform: The whole set of SocIoS items described above. The software bundle of SocIoS.
● SocIoS Application Developers: Organizations or individuals with variable knowledge on software development that will use the SocIoS Services to create new SocIoS Applications.
● SocIoS Service Developers: Developers with a good understanding of how the SocIoS API and middleware works that use the SocIoS API so as to create new SocIoS services.
● SocIoS End Users: The consumers of the SocIoS Applications. Their requirements may vary because their purpose of using the SocIoS applications may also vary. For example, a domain expert using a SocIoS application can be operating under different framework because she is a freelancer than another domain expert who is working for an organization. In the SocIoS scenarios, the SocIoS end users are DW and STEFI.
● SNS users: Anyone who allows the SocIoS Services to extract data from their accounts in the underlying SNSs. SNS users make their profile details or their content available to SocIoS Services. There might be SNS users that actively provide data (e.g. upload a photo for a SocIoS Service to get it) and those who passively provide data, i.e. they simply allow access to their existing details to SocIoS services.